Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Chicago Eats - New England Seafood Company


Remember my Boston trip? I had proclaimed that I had found my favorite lobster roll of all time. This is still true after trying out New England Seafood Company, but I think I've found a lobster roll that comes close to the glory that is Neptune Oyster's.

The owners here are from Massachusetts, and they wanted to create something that was exactly like back home from the decor to the food. I think they did a great job. They're located up in Lakeview on Lincoln just north of Belmont, so if you're in the neighborhood, definitely give them a try. Just a fair warning, they do close early...

The front of the establishment

Deliciousness awaits...

The best lobster roll in the city. Some of the best parts of the lobster on a perfectly toasted bun, drizzled with butter. The way a lobster roll should be. Oh, and if you ask, they'll gently warm up the lobster meat as it's normally served cold.

Housemade potato chips. These came with the lobster roll. They were also amazing. I liked these a lot more than the fries (below).

Fish and Chips. Made from haddock. I think they also have an unlimited fish and chips special as well, but this was plenty to go along with a meaty lobster roll.


In case I wasn't clear, GO EAT at NE SEAFOOD COMPANY ASAP.

5 comments: