Thursday, March 22, 2012

Chicago Eats - Opart Thai House


These days I feel like Thai food is like your typical Chinese take-out; greasy, fattening, and largely uninspiring food that you regret eating once you're done. Don't get me wrong, I like Thai food, but I think that most places miss the mark. After eating at Opart Thai, I can gladly say that there are still some places that serve up good Thai food without making me regret it.

The food here was so good that I went with the same friend two days in a row; the first was at the location in Lincoln Square, and the second was at the location in the South Loop. The South Loop location looks cooler IMO; it has this pretty ornate door frame that really makes me feel like it's better at least. But the food is consistent across both locations. This is my new go-to Thai place in the city, check it out!

Sampler Platter  - egg roll, fried shumai, fried shrimp, spring rolls, crab rangoon

Gaeng Pa - Sauteed red curry, green beans, bamboo shoots, Thai eggplant with shrimp

Basil Chicken - best I've ever had

Gaeng Musaman - yellow curry, potatoes, chicken, peanuts

Kuay Tiew Kee Mao - flat noodles with basil, hot peppers, cabbage, Chinese broccoli, bean sprouts with shrimp


4 comments:

  1. Lol, there's nothing thai in that sampler! Nothing beats my momma's home cookin' which is why I never eat at Thai restaurants! :) Now if only I could learn how to make it all :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. you forgot to post that they have brown rice for the health enthusiasts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea Mindy, learn how to make Thai food and invite me over! And there was NOTHING Thai about that sampler platter, we just wanted fried food haha.

    And they do have brown rice, good catch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh wow! This place is less than a mile from my place!

    definitely have to check this out!

    ReplyDelete