Wednesday, May 11, 2011

America, this is why you're fat v1

And not just fat, stupid. Things like this...I just do not understand. This is the first In-N-Out Burger to open in Texas. Yea, to be fair, Texas is still considered one of the fattest states in the nation, but this is ridiculous. Fat and stupid. Just watch the damn video:



I don't know when standing in lines became cool. Do you people have nothing better to do? Yea, In-N-Out has a cult following, they have a secret menu, and you can order a 12x12 Animal Style that just dares the grim reaper to visit your fat face. But this is going too far. The food is not THAT good to potentially wait hours for. When you wonder why your employer decides to hand you an old-fashioned pink slip and you wonder why...THIS IS WHY.

But you see it all over the place. When Apple launches a new iProduct, lines form a week-plus in advance in bigger cities. Storms? Jobs? The use of a bathroom with real working plumbing? No, we'll just wait in the line and get our iThing first before the rest of you. Remember when teachers had to force you to line up and all you wanted to do was break away from a tradition that is customary for ANTS? Now we willingly stand in line for hours, even days, to give somebody our hard-earned cash. While we're at it - I understand that the Apple craze has hit the rest of the globe...that's a post I'll get on my soapbox about next time when I feel like it. Dammit, now I want In-N-Out, I wonder if that line from Texas has reached Chicago yet...

1 comment:

  1. lol that's crazy. and that's what I imagine it will be like when Chik-fil-a opens on Elston. And aren't you one of those first in line apple techie peeps?!

    ReplyDelete