Friday, March 9, 2012

Chicago Eats - Jimmy's Pizza Cafe


Jimmy's Pizza Cafe - According to Foursquare, I've been here almost 30 times now. Besides the fact that one of my friends is the owner and pizza genius (disclaimer...haha), the food is just phenomenal. This isn't Chicago style pizza - this is true to form NY style pizza. Having traveled quite a bit to NYC for business in the past, I've grown to like this style of pizza just as much as Chicago's own (yea, I said it). And Jimmy's is up there with the best of them with the high quality cheese, perfectly crisp AND chewy crust, and sauce that makes my mouth water just thinking about it. It took me a while to make a post, but better late than never! Just feast your eyes on the pics below and then do yourself a favor and stop by the cafe (Lincoln and Foster in Lincoln Square) when you're in the area. Or if you have a car, just go ASAP.

Sausage Pizza- fresh out of the oven. All pieces were accounted for immediately. 


White Pizza - no red sauce on this one. Just healthy amounts of cheese, garlic, and a nice dollop of ricotta cheese. One of the house specialties.


Chicken Caesar Salad Pizza - no red sauce on this one either, but this is one of Jimmy's specials that appears once in a blue moon. If you see it, get it. It's amazing and one of my favorites.


Bacon, Date, Walnut, Ricotta Pizza - In more detail, that's hickory smoked bacon, dates, toasted walnuts, and a nice heaping of ricotta. Sometimes drizzled with honey. Another one of Jimmy's weekend specials, definitely get lucky if you see this in the store. 



Garlic Knots - So light, fluffy, and delicious. Unmatched when they come out fresh from the oven.


Sicilian Pizza - Thicker than normal with that beautiful cheese carmelizing. Probably the most similar to Chicago style, but it's a completely different pie altogether. Another weekend special.


Stromboli - this one had spinach and ricotta inside. The real winner here is the dough, lots of flavor. Ask for extra sauce!


Beignets - New Orleans style French doughnuts with a mound of powdered sugar. A great way to end your meal! They remind me of what pillows would be like if they were made from clouds.

5 comments:

  1. ooh that Sicily pizza just brought me back to a specific memory in Italy! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was wondering why Jimmy's Pizza sounded so familiar!
    I met the owner at a friend's place once and he brought a pizza from his restaurant. OMG.. it was so delicious!
    I prefer NY style pizza over Chicago's as well (I know, blasphemy!)

    mm.. I have to go there and try their bacon, walnut, and date pizza.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jimmy is great and passionate about his pizza, so it explains why he's gotten so popular. You have to try a whole pie fresh from the oven, it's the best!

      Delete
  3. Where is the picture of your favorite sausage rolls?? :)

    And when are we doing our garlic knots eating contest?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Couldn't fit in a picture so I don't have one lol. PIZZA eating contest, you'll win at the garlic knot eating contest because I can't physically eat too many of those lol

      Delete