Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Chicago Eats - LURE Izakaya Pub




Lure is a breath of fresh air when it comes to Chinatown restaurants. I have been extremely happy both of my times eating at this Japanese pub. It's a bit hard to find, but it's located pretty far east inside the new Chinatown square, located  pretty close to Wentworth Ave.



Braised Pork Belly: SO. GOOD. My favorite thing here. So tender, juicy, and delicious. I'll get this everytime I go. HIGHLY recommended.




Duck Breast: probably the least impressive dish I had here. Nothing was wrong with it, but overall it wasn't very standout. 



Soft-shell Crab: these guys were fairly small and fairly average tasting. I wasn't impressed, nor was I upset by them.



Chicken Karaage: little pieces of juicy fried chicken, japanese style. They're not greasy or salty. Recommended.




Seafood Rice: a slight bit of heat and a modest amount of sodium. I think you get a good amount of rice for the price ($7) and a healthy amount of seafood. 


Spaceship Gyoza: this dish looks really cool, but it's fairly average gyoza when it comes down to it. Gyoza is gyoza, I suppose.



Omurice: omelette with the seafood rice thrown inside (sans the seafood). I liked this, but feel like there's better value on the menu.

Overall, Lure isn't going to be the cheapest place in Chinatown, but it's one of the best. A lot of the dishes run $5-7, but they're generally larger than most "small plates" or "tapas-style" dishes. I'll definitely come back here frequently as they're not only open late (2am generally), but the food has been fantastic both times I've gone here.

No comments:

Post a Comment