Friday, November 18, 2011

Chicago Eats - Cocoro

I've been meaning to try Cocoro out since I live so close. Cocoro is more of a Northern Japanese style restaurant where the sushi isn't the main attraction. But this time I wanted sushi, so I went for that. Luckily, I live close enough so that I can try other things on the menu.

Tonight I tried the Chirashi bowl, which is basically pieces of various sashimi served over a bowl of sushi rice. Overall, the fish was fresh, but the rice was the downfall - overcooked and overseasoned.


My dinner date got the Sushi Combination A, and the same thoughts apply as the above.
I'm looking forward to trying out the more traditional, non sushi dishes next time. But there are far better places to get sushi in the city.


Cocoro, Part 2:

I went back for a second time and got the Japanese Curry with pork cutlets and we had the fried chicken starter. Rice was the same - overcooked. The curry was mild but flavorful. The fried chicken had a great coating, but it was a bit dry. Overall - stop overcooking your food, Cocoro!

Fried chicken

Japanese Curry - not a very attractive photo


No comments:

Post a Comment